NT Paternity testing deception

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Inovermyhead

23 January 2019
I put in an application in a case as the other party has been deceptive and sent someone else for partenity testing in his place. I questioned integrity of the testing and signatures. The matter was adjourned as the other party did not show. He’s responded with an affidavit stating he’s not wasting the courts time as the test was negative for him being the father. If he continues to not turn up will the court be likely to order retesting anyway? He’s lied about things in his affidavit also. It’s hard to prove what he did, my son is definitely his. I can’t find a similar case or anyone with knowledge on this situation. I’m due in court again next week just don’t know what else to give to the courts.

Tremaine

5 February 2019
Regardless of whether the other party shows up, I would say the court is unlikely to order a new test without persuasive evidence that the first test was tampered with. You’re not just saying that your ex sent someone in his place, you’re accusing a NATA-accredited service of not following the legal chain of custody procedures to ensure the test is admissible as evidence in court, which includes a neutral third party confirming beyond doubt that the person taking the test is the person meant to be taking the test.

I think you may be able to subpoena the laboratory for the chain of custody documentation including identification, to see if there’s any evidence of tampering, but in any case, you will likely need something a bit more persuasive than just speculation that dad has been deceptive in some way.

Jenna

2 June 2018
Was this a court orderd paternity test ,I can tell you from experience they are impossible to rig. You can order a court orderd test