NT Paternity and DNA Testing Fraud?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Inovermyhead

23 January 2019
What grounds can a paternity test be retested? There is no other option on the father of the child and he has sent someone in his place for the DNA testing. I need the grounds to ask for a retest. I understand it’s hard for him to have pulled this off but my son is not immaculate conception

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Have you sought an order?
What is your evidence that the alleged father sent somebody else?

Inovermyhead

23 January 2019
Have you sought an order?
What is your evidence that the alleged father sent somebody else?

I appear before the courts soon I am putting in an application in case. The signatures are different. Prior to the court ordered testing, he offered me 50000 to tell them he was not the father. I haven’t had relations with anybody else. Samples received however are stated as not sealed so altogether I’m 100% sure he sent someone else. I am looking at also questioning the integrity of the test.

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney
If the signatures differ, that's worth putting before the court.
Consider expressing your problem as being with the conduct of the alleged father, not with the integrity of the testing process.

Inovermyhead

23 January 2019
If the signatures differ, that's worth putting before the court.
Consider expressing your problem as being with the conduct of the alleged father, not with the integrity of the testing process.

Thank you for your help. I had advice yesterday and was told I would just be seen as paranoid like they didn’t believe me if I was to focus on his behaviours. I was told to take out he went out of his way to ring the DNA place and state there was a court order in place that I could not know when or where he was tested. Of course this was not the correct the order did not contain this. I might put this back in. Initial application has previous behaviours supports the same kind of pattern. I currently have both the concern on the test being open and previous behaviour in my affidavit. I also have noted there was no other possibility for the biological father. I am hoping it is enough for a retest to be ordered

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I'd have the same concerns and put in both the fake signature and non-sealed sample.

Either should be sufficient to order a retest or alternatively a declaration from the court he is the father as the testing process has been compromised.