QLD OP Mislead the court

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ATE000Rosemary

9 May 2021
Hi,
Registra ordered a mediation when I mentioned the problems of the order.
After mediation , OP holding mediation documents and did not respond and on court date OP told Registra that we reach agreement that has lead the Registra close the case. Regisra told me to submit a new application to verify the order. After case close , OP then disagree to verify the order and heavily modify the agreement. The major thing what I concern here is to verify the final order. Because any private agreement that OP will not follow.
Can I asked to re-open the case ? Or what should I do is better.
Thanks.

Atticus

6 February 2019
Are the current orders being consistently contravened or are you just concerned there is the potential for it?

I know from your previous thread that these orders are quite new, you may need to build up a history of consistent contraventions over say 6 - 9 months.

If the OP won't agree to a change to the current order, then I still think your best approach would be to file a contravention (within 12 months of the date the order was handed down)... You have a right to be aggrieved if the OP has reneged on an agreement which has resulted in the case being closed ... Get some specific legal advice, but if a history of consistent contraventions occurs over the next 6 months or so, it wouldn't be unreasonable to have a letter sent to the OP saying that unless s/he agrees to amend the order as per what was agreed, then you will file a contravention, apply to have the change made to the existing order at the same time & seek your costs for doing so.

Reactions: ATE000Rosemary

ATE000Rosemary

9 May 2021
Are the current orders being consistently contravened or are you just concerned there is the potential for it?

I know from your previous thread that these orders are quite new, you may need to build up a history of consistent contraventions over say 6 - 9 months.

If the OP won't agree to a change to the current order, then I still think your best approach would be to file a contravention (within 12 months of the date the order was handed down)... You have a right to be aggrieved if the OP has reneged on an agreement which has resulted in the case being closed ... Get some specific legal advice, but if a history of consistent contraventions occurs over the next 6 months or so, it wouldn't be unreasonable to have a letter sent to the OP saying that unless s/he agrees to amend the order as per what was agreed, then you will file a contravention, apply to have the change made to the existing order at the same time & seek your costs for doing so.
Thank you. I think you are right. There will be new rule again in next September?

Appreciate for your advice. I am in this situation for years I guess there is no harm to observe few more months.