OP failing to file Notice of Request to Inspect

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Brissyboy

30 November 2020
Hi all,

I have an interesting situation which is doing my head in.
Last court hearing was in December last year in which interim orders were given. Children ( 13 and 15) live with me and visit the OP 1 day a week without the presence of the OP's partner. Child Inclusive conference was held a few days prior and was heavily critical of the OP partner and their involvement in the childrens lives. ( Children were previously refusing to see the OP because of their partner, and the OP started court proceedings by way of recovery order )
OP is represented by private lawyer, and I am self repping.

Anyway, OP issued 3 subpoenas soon after that hearing which had a date of production of 9th February. OP's lawyer also requested an ICL be appointed which the Judge agreed with.
An ICL was appointed and emailed the OP's Lawyer ( i was copied in on the email ) asking that the CIC report be forwarded to them and that they file the Notice of request to inspect to the court so the ICL could view the subpoenaed material.

That email was sent on the 11th of February, and we are now at the 26th February, and still no Notice of request to Inspect document has been filed by the OP. I have not been copied in any further emails between them so I dont know if any reason for them not filing has been given to the ICL. I am also unaware if the report the ICL requested from them has been sent. I have received no further communication from the ICL.

I cannot think of any reasons as to why the OP would not file this document? Am I missing something?
I can only think that there must be some kind of issue between the OP and their Lawyer, like money owing or refusing to pay more for further representation.
The OP has a history of ignoring problems and just hoping issues disappear so maybe they are aware of the hole they are in.

Does anyone have an opinions on what might be the thinking behind this? Next court date is in late March.