NSW Nsw Police trying to set aside subpoena

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atticus

6 February 2019
Atticus, it is about sticking up for my rights, not being a coward suffering from groupthink.
Jaywoo, it's about realizing that a persons choices in life can have consequences... sometimes those choices give way to actions that result in you doing something stupid that then results in you losing some of those rights & privileges.... Having done that, you now imagine rights that you don't have, privileges that don't exist & are doubling down on stupid..

Jaywoo220

11 November 2019
Jaywoo, it's about realizing that a persons choices in life can have consequences... sometimes those choices give way to actions that result in you doing something stupid that then results in you losing some of those rights & privileges.... Having done that, you now imagine rights that you don't have, privileges that don't exist & are doubling down on stupid..

Doubling down on stupid would be making a comment on facts you know nothing about and you are not qualified to comment on.

Docupedia

7 October 2020
Let me share what I suspect is likely to be a bitter pill that you will be unwilling to swallow - at least not yet. When it comes down to a fight between one person and the government over any particular matter the odds of the one person coming out victorious is so low as to be almost incapable of measurement. Your odds of success only start to increase when you attract enough people in substantially the same position as to make the problem you are trying to overcome move from a 'singular' instance to a representative amount.

There are exceptions to this, and the key lies around focus and exposure (hence the 'so low' and not 'absolute zero'). If you're a walking headline and you can time it right, then yes one person can get the outcome they deserve. But the trick to that is that you've got to capture the popular opinion which de facto takes you out of the 'singular instance'.

Otherwise the system will always side with the government. It inherently has to do so, otherwise it runs the increasing risk of creating unrest and infighting within the very groups it requires to run the show. No one is going to risk that without a solid basis. It's an extreme example, but consider the issues the USA has had within its law enforcement organisations over the past while. People have died in those situations and there is still resistance to accountability and change. Sure, it's not Australia and the circumstances are different; but sometimes you need to set the extreme example to show the concepts at play.

It comes down to a singular concept of two words: public interest. The public interest is not in upholding the interests of any one person if it comes at a cost to the overall administration of society, which includes the way in which the administration of the society is perceived to operate. An adjunct part of that interest is in dissuading further individuals from attempting to make a claim against the public good because that will ultimately negatively impact the administration of society through increased cost in dealing with and defending such claims. Even if the system is so corrupt that it should be brought down, the impetus needed to accomplish that is still huge as the cost in doing so is massive.

What is fair for you as an individual is inconsequential when it is compared against the concept of what is fair for society as a whole. Each individual is expected to bear the personal cost of protecting and maintaining the whole, which includes the perception of the whole (not just the reality). It is only when the individual gains enough 'gravity' (usually through banding together) do they gain a voice to have input into/challenge what is for the 'good of society'.

Atticus

6 February 2019
Doubling down on stupid would be making a comment on facts you know nothing about and you are not qualified to comment on
Don't have to be qualified in any field to recognize what's going on here.. .. It's evident in just the facts you've provided that you made a stupid error in not co-operating with police just doing their job in investigating a breach of an AVO complaint, & you are now doubling down with stupidity by thinking they can be sued for what transpired as a consequence of your initial stupidity

sammy01

27 September 2015
You wrote:
"making a comment on facts you know nothing about and you are not qualified to comment on."
You provide the facts - we provide some friendly suggestions / advice... Easy..... And yup not qualified. What you want free legal advice now? But the good folk here are knowledgeable.

So.... I'm guessing you didn't read the article I found for you? You started this thread with "Any advice or key case law that may help me?"
So I found a reliable source to support my advice that you're wasting your time.... The same reliable source has a few key cases that should help you just like you asked. No need to say thanks...
But I really wanna know. Why didn't you just open the door?

Jaywoo220

11 November 2019
I did successfully take action against the Commonwealth government by so I know exactly the toll it takes
Don't have to be qualified in any field to recognize what's going on here.. .. It's evident in just the facts you've provided that you made a stupid error in not co-operating with police just doing their job in investigating a breach of an AVO complaint, & you are now doubling down with stupidity by thinking they can be sued for what transpired as a consequence of your initial stupidity

And you have seen the video evidence? You have seen the witness statements? You know everything in your own mind copper. Please go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.