VIC Neightbor posing a treath

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

DaferX

17 January 2022
Hi,

I called a police last thursday about our neighbor having a fight with a person who doesn't live with them in our car park area, they shouting, banging the doors in the middle of the night.

I wouldnt call the police if it only happend once, but it happend more than couple of times already. Sometimes They are fighting until 3am.

I told the police to not inform them I called the police, but I think they told them. After that incedent, The guy fromt hat flat started to stare at us everytime we got into our car. Every time he heard our car startup, He'll open his door with a stern look, and there was one time, he walk in front of my car with a stern look and when we got back, we found a broken glasses in our parking spot, not sure if it intentionally or just by accident but we know broken glasses just dont appear in you specific spot for no reason.

And now we are afraid of our safety, my wife takes public transpo going to work and going back from work, I am afraid if one day, they will turn hostile or do something that will harm us.

Is there a legal way to deal with this?

Ponala

10 February 2015
You can apply for a restraining order, however someone looking at you sternly is not real grounds to get one.