Mum Taking Property from me (UPDATE)- Kids vs Mothers= Loss

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
D

Deleted member 28915

Hi Guys, I am a 23 year old male and live in Victoria, and I can't wrap my head around Family/Criminal law in this state if you are a male! In 2015 I was gifted money to buy land and build a house, from my mother, she received a huge TAC payout, she kept the money in a joint bank account with my father. Since 2011 she has had a lot of involvement with police and CAT team as she was committing Family Violance against my father, sister and myself. In Feb 2019 she physically assaulted my sister who has many disabilities and was removed from my home as my dad and I were witnesses. She went "cop shopping" for a month after this from Melbourne to Ballarat until she got a newly minted constable to believe her lies whom subsequently went to a magistrate's court and just based on her outright lies had interim IVOS granted and all three of us were kicked out of my home that evening. We were sick as I suffer a heart condition, my dad has renal cancer and my poor younger sister has too much to mention. My sister and I have both become suicidal and even though we received professional care, they can't help us when the legal system is against you. We lost our combined savings of $45k as we lived out of hotels as there was no emergency accommodation anywhere. We eventually found a sympathetic real estate agent and now have a home. We waited 8 months for a contested hear at end of last year it went nowhere. Magistrate didn't show up, last minute magistrate assigned, he was angry and didn't care, said it was a waste of his time and court resources, anyways long story short, the police prosecutor wanted to run the hearing over a few extra days into this year the final date being in October. We were advised to consent without admission and that we would appeal this matter at the County Court as all my mum had was her lies and NO evidence, neither did police. When it came time our legal aid lawyers informed us that for ethical reasons because of their advice we could not get their representation days out from the appeal hearing, we showed up unrepresented and even though the judge found and was sympathetic about the clerical error made by the clerks at the magistrstes court stated it was out of time! So I got some legal advice and was told to go to the Supreme Court and take out a section 53A to repossess property, I was given a grant of aid by the court for a probono barrister who is a QC, he advised me that even though she has no legal grounds/evidence and she has been very loose with the truth that if he was to cross examine her he would easily establish that she has no credibility and can nail my mother with serious perjury, but thanks to the current climate the trial is run via email submissions he cant. And although I have conclusive evidence that I am a gifted major and the sole titled owner and solely contributed to rates, bills, home improvement and furnishings and she barely lived there she CAN still take ownership of my home because of these 3 points he said to me:
  1. She is a female
  2. Coercion ( no evidence )
  3. Domestic Violence (no evidence)
He even thinks she will pull this off at the Family Court where my dad is involved in their property separation (new cars, and $ several hundreds of thousands she ran off with from joint account) me as a second responded where she wants 100% ownership of my home. So there you go guys, someone can just cry wolf and if they are female they can hammer you in court without any proof/evidence, have all free legal assistance and walk away with everything!

Moral of the story: If you were gifted funds from your mother to buy something and your relationship falls apart years later, she can simply use the "domestic violence' or "coercion" cards (simply by word of mouth and no evidence to prove that coercion) REMEMBER: I had a letter from my conveyancer/lawyer from back in the day outlinning my mother's intent to gift me funds? Guess what? Evidence and witnesses (especially from people of the legal profession) has ZERO weight against a woman's 'domestic violence' allegations by word of mouth. She claimed now, by word, under oath that I coerced her to give me that money years ago- contradicting evidence of her intentions. And that's all your lawyer, barrister or judge needs to hear to close the case and make a ruling in her favour.

So, if you're a kid and was gifted by your mother, I suggest you probably give them everything they've ever given you as in a few years time if your relationship falls apart for whatever reason, expect her to run to court playing the 'battered woman' card and take EVERYTHING from you. Even if you have evidence that it was a gift with no strings attached or involvement of coercion- you WILL automatically lose.

Last edited by a moderator: