QLD Missed Response Deadlines Family Law Initiating Application Parenting And Property

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
Negotiate with the ex? About what?

Time with kids. Look, give us a run down on the time he wants and what you think is fair. How old are the kids?

Worn down mum

27 March 2018
Moving forward
Negotiate with the ex? about what?
Time with kids. Look give us a run down on the time he wants and what you think is fair. How old are the kids?
Hi Sammy01,

I appreciate your responses, thank you. I probably come across very unclear as there are details that are very unique to matters and I am concerned I would lose the faceless anonymity I have behind this phone. May I ask a probably silly question, actually 2 as that was my 1st one?

Representing myself, can using a forum such as this, posting some questions that might be unique and possibly revealing be somehow twisted around and used against me if matters cannot be settled and a court is the only option?

Thank you for your time, it's truly appreciated.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Things that are safe:
- the kids' ages
- the care arrangements
- distance between you and ex
- etc.

Things that are not safe:
- the kids' names
- addresses
- excessive detail about a particular incident, such as the date and address of where it happened
- descriptions of the parties
- etc.

Just keep everything fairly generic and don't name the parties.

Reactions: Unknown entity

Worn down mum

27 March 2018
Moving forward
Hi Sammy01,
I appreciate your responses, thank you. I probably come across very unclear as there are details that are very unique to matters and I am concerned I would lose the faceless anonymity I have behind this phone. May I ask a probably silly question, actually 2 as that was my 1st one? Representing myself, Can using a forum such as this, posting some questions that might be unique and possibly revealing be somehow twisted around and used against me if matters cannot be settled and a court is the only option? Thank you for your time, it's truly appreciated.
P.S. I didn't mean revealing information like names or birthdates etc.
Things that are safe:
- the kids' ages
- the care arrangements
- distance between you and ex
- etc.

Things that are not safe:
- the kids' names
- addresses
- excessive detail about a particular incident, such as the date and address of where it happened
- descriptions of the parties
- etc.

Just keep everything fairly generic and don't name the parties.
Hi AllforHer,

I was just typing I wasn't meaning revealing info like names etc. Thank you for your reply, much appreciated. I'll be able to ask better questions that won't be so confusing to any opinion offered. It's brekkie time here, so I clarify my matters very soon. Thanks again so much to everyone here. :)

sammy01

27 September 2015
Just be generic... Vague on some stuff... Like location. But specific on general - age - (give or take a year or two).
So the ex would have to bump into this site... your user name is vague - Look this site would not exist if there was the potential for it to do more harm than good.

You seem like a sensible punter... IF you're refusing dad any access just because you don't like him. Then it is best that you hear it from a forum like this that you're on a hiding to nothing in taking this to court and you could find yourself ordered to pay his costs... But if you're arguing that a 6mth old should not do 50/50 care. Then you're on the money.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
It's good to read that you are right most of the time
Not saying I am right all the time, just saying people agree. As mentioned by others, a generic backstory would be really good. I hope you are being helped by this thread as self representing is not easy and you should grab any opinion you can to further educate yourself

Unknown entity

9 March 2018
As a reminder and if not wanting to be found in serious breach of confidence and thus breach of court the following link is most important to read and understand or you highly risk having to pay the opposing sides legal fees.

Breach of family law S121 is a serious breach and a court of law will take a very grim view of those breaches that may lead to contempt of court, ignorance is no defence of such breaches.

Reminder - Family Law Act and Restriction on Publication of Court Proceedings

Worn down mum

27 March 2018
Moving forward
As a reminder and if not wanting to be found in serious breach of confidence and thus breach of court the following link is most important to read and understand or you highly risk having to pay the opposing sides legal fees.

Breach of family law S121 is a serious breach and a court of law will take a very grim view of those breaches that may lead to contempt of court, ignorance is no defence of such breaches.

Reminder - Family Law Act and Restriction on Publication of Court Proceedings
Hi Mark Chalky and all you awesome people that spare time to help others,

I would just like to say, again, thank you. I found this site because of my own stoopidity, I am not a person who normally buries my head in sand when faced with problems, life happens. I do not know why I did on this matter, I think the false allegations were just all too unreal for me to face. This site, my 1st forum, I cannot believe how helpful this community is.

Thanks Mark, I will most definitely read your suggestions before posting further.

For all you other wonderful people ( I'm not trying to kiss anyone's but:eek:t, all opinions good or bad are helpful), I will say I typed a very non descript response that gave a better outline without identifying details, only to be booted by Captcha repeatedly.

I'm heeding that warning, it hasn't happened before and will read Marks suggestions 1st. I will say, for over a year, I've been flexible, honest and tried my hardest to be cooperative. Sadly, santa isn't real and not everyone plays fair nor nice.

Best interests and well being for kids in my opinion is just about reassurance, communication, respect and courtesy from both parents. Children are like wet cement, whatever imprint we leave, eventually sets.

Thanks for all the feedback, I can't express my gratitude enough, outside opinions can lead to seeing something missed. I have some more reading, and to date I'm over about 2,500 pages family law act 1975 + amendments.

Worn down mum

27 March 2018
Moving forward
Hi All,

I hope everyone had a great weekend. A big thank you to Mark Chalky and his suggestion to read S121. My circumstances due to multiple facets, even vague, could possibly lead to identifaction of the ongoinging Family Matter.

Could anyone possibly give an opinion about this vague question....

If interium orders are put in place, dismissing the applicants initiating orders sort, when negotiating with the applicants legal rep outside court to lock dates down and sign. What happens If they leave without agreeing, then legal rep communicates via post I was blah blah to blame and applicant had continued text messages where I eventually stated, I SRL, and should be negotiating with their lawyer....

In the posted letter, can:

I was told they lodged a form against me for blah blah blame, not agreed dates If so, how can I file one myself? It was not me who was not willing to follow simple instructions and agree on dates?

I was also told, I am to negotiate with applicant and not lawyer? I am confused as outside court, I dealt with lawyer, not ex. Ex is very difficult to negotiate with. Can I be forced to negotiate with him solely over dates, the letter and post court came from his lawyer?

Thanks for any opinions given, always appreciated.

Cheers from,

sammy01

27 September 2015
Nope - can't offer a thimble of advice. Let me summarise your question so you can see how daft it is,
because the ex did left without an agreement. How should I respond? Should I do X? Y? Or Z?

I'd be concerned if I were you that they are gonna get a cost order against you. Solicitor to spoke to you outside court? Tried to get an agreement? You were not forthcoming, so they left?

So I'm assuming the 'dates' mean time with the kids? I reckon you want to be writing to the ex.

Dear ex,

As per discussions outside court, we have been directed to come to an agreement about dates for visits with the kids. I would like to propose XXXX.

Kind Regards