QLD Married 11 years, Separated 7 years - How Much is Spouse Entitled?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Was there any property settlement at all when you first separated? Or do you both still have shares in the asset pool? Was there any agreement?

B J Gadischke

30 July 2014
No agreement at separation she is filing divorce I just need to know how much of my super she is entitled %

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Ah, I see.

Once the divorce goes through, you (or she) has 12 months to file for a property settlement.

In terms of superannuation, a settlement will apply only to super that was earned during your marriage, and it will also depend on how much super each of you earned during that time. It's impossible to provide a percentage split because of those variables, plus there is the impact of whether or not you had kids, etc.

B J Gadischke

30 July 2014
Ah, I see.

Once the divorce goes through, you (or she) has 12 months to file for a property settlement.

In terms of superannuation, a settlement will apply only to super that was earned during your marriage, and it will also depend on how much super each of you earned during that time. It's impossible to provide a percentage split because of those variables, plus there is the impact of whether or not you had kids, etc.
Thank you