QLD Liability of accident

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

I raw it

4 September 2020
Recently, my vehicle was involved in a crash in a parking lot. I had reversed out of my parking space and moving forward, then a car hit my car from the back damaging the rear of my vehile. I had done the checks and looked into the mirror before and while reversing and there was no cars coming towards. I think the driver was speeding or wasnot paying attention while driving. He came forward and admitted that it was his fault then and provided me with his details saying that i donot need to worry and his insurance company will repair my car. But after wards he falsified the information with his insurance company and said that i was reversing and the insuranceo company is now putting me at liability as he said i was reversing . Moreover, my car has a rear sensor and it would Start beeping if i were reversing a car was coming towards me from like a meter away. What can i do in this situation?

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
Have you made a claim to your insurer? If not, do that.

Luke226

7 September 2020
www.rapid-claim.co.uk
Recently, my vehicle was involved in a crash in a parking lot. I had reversed out of my parking space and moving forward, then a car hit my car from the back damaging the rear of my vehile. I had done the checks and looked into the mirror before and while reversing and there was no cars coming towards. I think the driver was speeding or wasnot paying attention while driving. He came forward and admitted that it was his fault then and provided me with his details saying that i donot need to worry and his insurance company will repair my car. But after wards he falsified the information with his insurance company and said that i was reversing and the insuranceo company is now putting me at liability as he said i was reversing . Moreover, my car has a rear sensor and it would Start beeping if i were reversing a car was coming towards me from like a meter away. What can i do in this situation?

Unfortunately this is all too common, people often act nice at the scene and then change their tune when speaking with their insurer. Unfortunately, unless there was video footage that captured the accident or witnesses who will speak on your behalf, you will probably be held liable for the accident. You should contact the parking lot and ask them if they caught the accident on CCTV and ask for a copy before the delete it.