SA Car Accident - Car Insurance Cover if Contributed?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

meena

27 March 2015
Car accident when somebody hit my car while reversing - both reversing but I stopped the car when I saw him approaching but his radio was on so he hit. No damage on his as I was stationary but my car cost me $2000. I have no witness and he is not responding to car insurance company. What should I do? My insurer will only cover if I prove that I was not contributing and I was stationary. Please help with any suggestion.

Thanks

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Lean harder on your insurance company. If they think they can get away without paying out they will.

Do you have full comprehensive cover or something less than full cover?

meena

27 March 2015
Somebodt hit my car while reversing .both reversing but I stoped the car when I saw him.approching but his radio was on so he hit . No damage on his as I was stationary but my car cost me $2000 . I have no wittness and he is not responding to insurance compnay . What should I do . My isurer will only cover if I prove that I was not contributing and I was stationary .please help with any suggestion .

Thanks
Mine was 3rd party insurance through allianz and there is clause in my insurane that company will pay if full details of the other party is provided and other party has no insurance . Now other is not responding and I need to prove that I was not contributing .
Thanks