NSW Investigation/Mediation

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Wiradjuri

3 June 2020
7 of my co workers lodged complaints against myself and 2 coworkers, complaints included not saying hello to a staff member, not inviting others to lunch to give you an idea. Internal policies and procedures were not followed.
Initially mediation was decided upon then without any reason it went to an investigation. Investigation was undertaken and I was informed some of the complaints were substantiated and given a written warning and advised mediation will now once again take place.
Some of the complaints are from 6 - 12 months ago and it was no coincidence that my co workers all lodged complaints at the same time.
I also lodged a complaint against the People and Culture Manager who provided the interview questions and falsified the references of an ex employee who also happened to be a meth addict. I provided evidence and witness names to the ceo and chairperson of the board.
I do not believe an investigation occurred and the P&C Manager recently received a promotion.
Unfortunately I am not exaggerating. The last CEO was marched out and Staff turnover is at over 50%, I work for a Gov funded Aboriginal organisation.
How/what can I do to ensure that this is investigated??

Jack_G

4 May 2020
I'll tell you what is going to happen next.
P&C will investigate you. (they might be doing that already) You will be dismissed for serious misconduct.

They will collect statements from your co-workers/managers that will say that you're a bad employee.
They will look at your work computer in hopes to find anything that can be used against you.

FWC is not likely to help you because they are also government funded organisation. And going there means that you'll definitely lose your job.

P&C is not someone you can make complaints about. Same goes for managers. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. I acted in a similar way when I witnessed wrongdoings and they dismissed me for serious misconduct.

P&C are not accountable for any internal breach of policies and procedures. They are not going to investigate themselves.

P&C Manager has a lot of power. CEO and Chairperson will not get involved to help you. I suspect they've already given a direction to P&C manager to remove troublesome employee.

You can ether move on and try to find another job (also you sound stressed you should take some of your sick days now) or try to become a "good" employee. Withdraw all your complaints. Try to befriend P&C manager and be a nice and agreeable employee. But it might be too late for that.

Wiradjuri

3 June 2020
I'll tell you what is going to happen next.
P&C will investigate you. (they might be doing that already) You will be dismissed for serious misconduct.

They will collect statements from your co-workers/managers that will say that you're a bad employee.
They will look at your work computer in hopes to find anything that can be used against you.

FWC is not likely to help you because they are also government funded organisation. And going there means that you'll definitely lose your job.

P&C is not someone you can make complaints about. Same goes for managers. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. I acted in a similar way when I witnessed wrongdoings and they dismissed me for serious misconduct.

P&C are not accountable for any internal breach of policies and procedures. They are not going to investigate themselves.

P&C Manager has a lot of power. CEO and Chairperson will not get involved to help you. I suspect they've already given a direction to P&C manager to remove troublesome employee.

You can ether move on and try to find another job (also you sound stressed you should take some of your sick days now) or try to become a "good" employee. Withdraw all your complaints. Try to befriend P&C manager and be a nice and agreeable employee. But it might be too late for that.

An investigation has already been carried out which had nothing to do with PM&C. As I said it’s now reached mediation, there is no way I’m withdrawing my complaints. Thanks for your advice though.

WiserNow

10 September 2014
An investigation has already been carried out which had nothing to do with PM&C. As I said it’s now reached mediation, there is no way I’m withdrawing my complaints. Thanks for your advice though.
It is very hard when your values dont align with how the employer conducts themselves.

Sadly i have to agree with Jack_G and I too am speaking from things I have seen and witnessed from other Government Depts...

It is the pits but a reality. Dont make yourself sick woth stress and anxiety and watch your mental health. It is very difficult and can take years to restore your mental health..

Reactions: Wiradjuri

Wiradjuri

3 June 2020
It is very hard when your values dont align with how the employer conducts themselves.

Sadly i have to agree with Jack_G and I too am speaking from things I have seen and witnessed from other Government Depts...

It is the pits but a reality. Dont make yourself sick woth stress and anxiety and watch your mental health. It is very difficult and can take years to restore your mental health..
Already this has dragged on since February and has taken a toll mentally. I have been applying for other jobs and recently had an interview. I’m stubborn however even I have my breaking point.

Reactions: Jack_G and WiserNow

WiserNow

10 September 2014
Already this has dragged on since February and has taken a toll mentally. I have been applying for other jobs and recently had an interview. I’m stubborn however even I have my breaking point.
Just watch it doesn't impact any professional references you may need... I feel what you are going through but sometimes it is not worth our valuable time... like Jack I have learnt the hard way. Always thought stories were made up, or the employee must have been a poor worker and deserved it. Sadly no...