NSW Injured in Illegal Taxi Car Accident

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jordan92

6 August 2014
Hi all,
I have joined up to seek some advice for a recent car accident myself and my girlfriend were in. We both came out pretty shocked and bruised, no broken bones, but we feel that the accident could have been prevented, and it was a case of negligence of the driver. The incident occurred when we got a lift with a women who turns out to be illegal taxiing, charging us money to drive us to a music festival, it was a high speed car crash on the freeway where the women did not brake quick enough and drove up the back of two cars that were merging into one another (about to be in a crash of there own), if not for wearing our seat belts the crash could have very well been fatal.

This has created great anxiety in our lives and we don't want any other injuries to show up later on in life.

Is there anything we should do about this case? We have already been interviewed and the case was advertised in our local newspaper - but we have been advised by friends and family to take this further. My question is do you think this case is worth taking further?

Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated thanks

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney
Hi @Jordan92
  1. By illegal taxi, I assume that the driver was using UberX or a similar service?
  2. Have you been assessed by a doctor in relation to any injuries caused by the accident? If not, you may consider visiting a doctor for evaluation and any potential referral/s at first instance.
  3. If you have suffered injury (or reasonably believe that injury caused by the accident may arise in the future), you should consider contacting a personal injury lawyer.
  4. You may also consider contacting the NSW Motor Accidents Authority's Claims Advisory Service on 1300 656 919 to discuss your situation and assessment for any potential claim.
Hope this helps. Please keep us updated with your progress.