WA Unfair Car Accident Compensation Settlement?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Beni

1 November 2014
Hi, before I ask my question I will right a little about my sittuation.

About 5 - 6 years back I was a passenger in a car accident which caused 2 ankle bone and right femur bone fracture with metal nail implants. After about to years my compensation claim was settled for a lump sum payment of $130 000.00.

My understanding is that the settlement was based on the Medical reports indicating that I would not have any permanent injury due to the accident and was expected to make full recovery.

Contrary to the medical report, I have not fully recovered from the injuries and still in pain.
I have also been suffering from PTSD due to the car crash which is the reason why I could not and have not got my car licence.

My question is would it be possible to open a old personal injury case and take in consideration my current physical and mental injuries caused by the accident?

Thanks in advance

Worldly1

25 April 2014
Australia
Hi @Beni
Which State or Territory are you located in?

Also, have you raised this with the lawyer who dealt with your original case?

Beni

1 November 2014
Hi @Beni
Which State or Territory are you located in?

Also, have you raised this with the lawyer who dealt with your original case?
Hi,

I live in WA ( also when the accident happened)
I have not talked to my lawyer about this matter.

Thanks.

Worldly1

25 April 2014
Australia
Then I think you should raise this with your lawyer given the complexity of the matter and their understanding of your case history.

Depending on the terms of your settlement, there may, or may not, be a way to seek further compensation.

Reactions: Tim W