SA Income underestimation for child support

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Terry740

30 January 2017
My children's mothers has not completed her income tax for several years, and is running multiple businesses. I believe that the estimate she has supplied is much lower than the actual. If this is the case, when she eventually submits her tax, will any overpayments on my behalf as a result of this be corrected? I have never missed a payment, and am absolutely up to date. My income has always been correctly assessed (payg employee).

sammy01

27 September 2015
Doubt it...
She will no doubt have lots of cash in hand opportunities.

Terry740

30 January 2017
T
Doubt it...
She will no doubt have lots of cash in hand opportunities.
I understand where you are coming from, however I was referring to if it is shown that income has been underestimated. I have an assessment through CSA, and pay through them, so no questions as to what has been paid.

sammy01

27 September 2015
So my ex is a massage therapist. 80% of her clients pay cash... Meanwhile I'm a wage slave and 100% of my income is declared. My 3 kids live with me 80% of the time. I earn 95K gross. My ex earns 17K according to her last tax return. Like you I believe the estimate is well below the actual income, but I can't prove it.... I could fight this through the CSA system and I have no faith that I would get anywhere. Even if they agreed that the ex should pay, they won't get the $$$ because there isn't an employer to garnish the wage. She will just change banks etc etc.

Lennon

11 September 2014
My ex under estimated her income last year. If it’s by more than 15% they have to relay the difference. However, I can’t just reduce my payments until it is repaid, CSA have to separately collect from her.

Terry740

30 January 2017
My ex under estimated her income last year. If it’s by more than 15% they have to relay the difference. However, I can’t just reduce my payments until it is repaid, CSA have to separately collect from her.
Thanks for that Lennon. I was wondering about it. So, under 15% is it just written off?