Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

VIC If Will Goes Through Public Trustee - Pay for Inheritance?

Discussion in 'Wills and Estate Planning Law Forum' started by redhead42, 29 September 2015.

1. redhead42

redhead42 Member

Hi, if my mum is going through a public trustee does everything in her will that is left to me legally have to be given to me. I have heard that I would have to pay for things that are left to me. If that was the case, there would be no point in having a will.

2. winston wolf

winston wolf Well-Known Member

No that doesn't sound right?
    Your mum's estate will pay the cost of administering the will but any anything specifically left to you in the will is just yours.

I hope I understood the question?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. redhead42

redhead42 Member

Thank you Winston, yes you did understand the question.I know it sounds silly to ask that but my mum had been told from a couple of people that you still have to pay even if it was left for you.I was just double checking to make sure even though I knew that it couldn't be right or there would be no purpose for a will.Thanks again