Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

SA How to See Children under Family Law?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by John grantham, 29 September 2015.

  1. John grantham

    John grantham Member

    29 September 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi, I have been separated for over two years and seeing my kids was never a problem until the last two weeks. I want to know what to do to see my children under Family Law. I saw the car at the park today and approached my ex asking to see the children as she had said on Sunday that I could have them after-work today. As I got closer to the vehicle, she called the police saying I was harassing her. Don't know what to do.
  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    The first step is to organise a family dispute resolution conference to try and negotiate a parenting plan between you. This is mandatory before court proceedings can go ahead but it will allow you to develop a parenting plan under guidance from an unbiased third party. If you an reach agreement, you can have the orders sealed by the court as consent orders, which will give the court jurisdiction to act if either party contravenes the agreement.

    If you're unable to reach agreement, then you can apply to the court for parenting orders and enable the court to determine orders on your behalf.

    If your co-parenting relationship has been reasonably amicable before now, there's a good chance you won't require the court's intervention.

    You can contact Legal Aid to organise a family dispute resolution conference and/or a free consultation for legal advice.

    Hope this helps.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. okanynameyouwishthen

    okanynameyouwishthen Well-Known Member

    12 February 2015
    Likes Received:
    So what happened 2 weeks ago to trigger such a complete change in ex's behaviour ?

    Assuming you weren't the cause ( realistically) of creating her mindset that she simply just had no other option than to ring the cops to sort you out, then you need to honestly assess the TRUE situation & determine just how mentally unstable & willing to use your kids as pawns to control you & hurt you & potentially severely limit or even remove you from further involvement in their upbringing. You need to learn present day family law & all it's disgusting filthy aspects. Research the immoral, corrupt, bias system & the disgusting, child abusing tactics encouraged by greedy money hungry agents under the guise of " having best interests of children " as their driving force.

    Of course if you were a tool 2 weeks ago & assaulted, threatened your ex and/or the kids, or you got smashed & abused/harassed her, or threatened to.....that's entirely different.You need to own up to it & seek help in fixing up the problem.

    Only you can be 100% open & honest with yourself regarding what triggered such drastic overkill reaction from ex & whether or not your kids genuinely will be worse off through life if they had no relationship with you.

    Cold reality is though, brother, that regardless, you are in S.A ( direct connection to potential Intervention orders sought ) & you are male ( same ). That puts you 2 laps behind the start/finish line to begin with! Wrong? Damn right!

    But hey, there's an "epidemic" of family violence occurring in Australia presently & by some magical coincidence it is strictly male perp.-female victims

    Good & the kids are going to need it.

    That is today's reality!

Share This Page