Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

WA How to Avoid Transfer of Property to Recover Debt?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Spadger taylor, 16 September 2016.

  1. Spadger taylor

    16 September 2016
    Likes Received:
    I am owed $42000 due to a recent Supreme Court civil action. Costs awarded to me.

    The person owing the money has since had Consent Orders stamped in the Family Court WA with all property of value being transferred to ex-wife after the matter was determined by Supreme Court that the costs were awarded to me.

    Can I take any action prior to the transfer of property to recover the debt or are the Family Court orders binding?

    The person did not disclose their debt to Family Court when seeking orders. What avenues can I take to recover debt?
  2. Rod

    Rod Well-Known Member

    27 May 2014
    Likes Received:
    You should apply, ASAP for an injunction stopping the transfer. See the lawyer who helped with your supreme court case. May not stop the transfer depending on other factors, but at least you'll find out if the proposed transfers is just an attempt to avoid paying you.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page