VIC How can I see my child?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
20 January 2020
My ex and I have been separated for 2 years. She has always used our child as a weapon against me. (When she purposely fell pregnant after seeing her for 2 months she gave me an ultimatum to stay with her and be a family or never see my child).
She has now put an IVO on me (and lied on the police report to do so). We went to court and I paid for a barrister while she turned up alone. She already knows how the system works as she has put multiple IVOs on her ex partners.
She has also included our 3 year old child on the order. My barrister tried to have this dropped but she refused. She stated that she didn’t want me not to be able to see my child but she still refused to take my 3 year old off the order. Conditions were lifted so I can contact my ex to ask to see my child but now she is not replying to my text messages when I contact her.
All I want is to be able to have my child.

Any help would be amazing.

sammy01

27 September 2015
You're gonna need to apply to court for court orders that provide for you to see your child.