NSW How can i lodge a case against my employer for not paying me for over 2 months?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

rizwa.khan001

7 October 2020
I was hired by an employer having a registered company in NSW. He said, he has applied for the name change application on the same ACN. So we signed the contract on the new company's name and old ACN. Now its been over 2 months, he has not paid me my salary. What is the possible solution?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Send something in writing to your boss stating the facts (start date, duties, hours etc), that you haven't been paid and that you need payment asap.

Report back after you have done this and have a reply.

Paul Cott

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
26 May 2014
Ballarat, Victoria
I was hired by an employer having a registered company in NSW. He said, he has applied for the name change application on the same ACN. So we signed the contract on the new company's name and old ACN. Now its been over 2 months, he has not paid me my salary. What is the possible solution?
Or contact the Fair Work Ombudsman, they deal with chasing up unpaid entitlements, at least to some extent. Their number is 1313 94.