Holden Captiva replacement

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Amandabee

16 July 2020
I have a Holden captive with either 20-21 warranties that have taken place since 2013. The most recent warranties were 2x water pump, 2x transmissions, new motor, new oil pan re-seal after new motor was fitted, new gasket for motor, new wheel sensor, and new pump (that causes the car to go into limp mode).
I explained to Gm on multi accounts that I would like a replacement. That the car in the last 18months, I’ve only had it for 7 months and that I am no longer confident In the warranties being done. If I am denied a replacement again, what can I do besides sell the car and let some other poor bugger deal with in

Cheers

Atticus

6 February 2019
They aren't known as a Crap-Tiva for no reason ... They are notorious for serious mechanical problems.. Don't think you can insist they replace it, I wouldn't be putting any trust in any Captiva .... My daughter had one for a while... Caught fire when she was driving it. Pulled over & it burnt out before fire dept could get there. Best thing that could have happened, got a good insurance payout..

Seriously, if you get the thing running half decent, put it on the market immediately is my advice... I think you'll be pushing the proverbial up hill to get a replacement ... Sorry... Like my daughter, lesson learnt :mad:

Amandabee

16 July 2020
They aren't known as a Crap-Tiva for no reason ... They are notorious for serious mechanical problems.. Don't think you can insist they replace it, I wouldn't be putting any trust in any Captiva .... My daughter had one for a while... Caught fire when she was driving it. Pulled over & it burnt out before fire dept could get there. Best thing that could have happened, got a good insurance payout..

Seriously, if you get the thing running half decent, put it on the market immediately is my advice... I think you'll be pushing the proverbial up hill to get a replacement ... Sorry... Like my daughter, lesson learnt :mad:

Yes unfortunately I’ve found that out the hard way that they are indeed a craptiva. I just don’t think after the amount of warranties this car should be allowed to be sold on again. It’s not reliable at all. The new engine isn’t even 10,000kms old and already the list is quiet long. I was happy to handle the regular oil leak but now, I wouldn’t even trust the car to allow my daughter to learn to drive in it, so why would I want someone else’s kid in it?!

I just want what I paid for and this is definitely not it

Atticus

6 February 2019
I wouldn’t even trust the car to allow my daughter to learn to drive in it, so why would I want someone else’s kid in it?! ..........I just want what I paid for and this is definitely not it
Totally get where you are coming from.... All you can do is sell it for a modest price when it is running okay.... Who knows, it may be okay after that ..... As for getting a replacement. If the dealer is not going to do that, your next & only step is to complain to your states consumer affairs dept.