NSW Holden Captiva

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Amandabee

16 July 2020
I have a car that has already had a long list of warranties and now the new engine has a long list too. Is there a way to get the car replaced as this is definitely not what I paid for?
It’s a Captiva 2013 114,000kms now. It’s more unreliable after they replaced the engine than it was before. The transmission no longer lines up and is dangerous for anyone who gets into my without knowing about it prior. I have been told, that’s the best they can do to line it up.

I have now filed 3 times to have the car replaced with Gm and twice they have said no, just waiting on the answer for the 3rd.
In the last 18 months I have only been able to drive it for 7 months, so not affected by covid. It’s not the mechanics workmanship as I’ve found out with the multi oil leaks after taking it to 3 different dealerships for the same issue and only getting 10,000kms before needing another warranty. It’s been serviced more than the Manufacturers Ask, so I have held up my end of the contact