NSW Help Caught with 14 mdma caps will I go too jail for this how serious is this help

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sammie123

18 September 2019
Help I got caught with 14 mdma caps I bought them 20 minutes before I got busted in a raid at a local pub I wasn’t planing on selling too anyone I paid full price and intending on using for up coming festivals over the summer, I have a court date in 6 weeks haven’t seen a lawyer yet I’m a first time offender 20 year old male work in a government job clean well kept person just what am I looking at for this??? Will I do any jail ? How serious is this I have no idea what I’m in for I’m confused I just have heard story’s can someone please help :/

waterbottle7

21 March 2017
Were you interviewed on the spot or taken in for an interview?

Depending on any statements made and signed that will determine your consequences. It is best to speak to a lawyer now before court goes ahead so you have a prepared argument, and it's best to review your court summons on any statements made you believe were done under stress.
You might get lucky to have a possession charge if it can be argued this in total is about 1.4 grams of MDMA made only for personal consumption, otherwise depending on what was said this may be viewed as a distribution case. Best of luck, stay positive, and speak to a lawyer before court.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Help I got caught with 14 mdma caps I bought them 20 minutes before I got busted in a raid at a local pub I wasn’t planing on selling too anyone I paid full price and intending on using for up coming festivals over the summer, I have a court date in 6 weeks haven’t seen a lawyer yet I’m a first time offender 20 year old male work in a government job clean well kept person just what am I looking at for this??? Will I do any jail ? How serious is this I have no idea what I’m in for I’m confused I just have heard story’s can someone please help :/

I am not judging, but why would you want drugs for up coming festivals???? can't you have just fun without this assistance? I really someone can explain the need for drugs, isn't couple of beers would put you in a happy mode? I have couple of beers and I'm happy as ever and loosened up.
I never tried drugs nor will I ever.
Anyway, your choice to buy and now you will pay for it. Not worth the hassle, right?
Good luck.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
What's the actual charge?
Possess, or Possess (Deemed Supply) ?
Os something else?

Sammie123

18 September 2019
It said in the letter supply and was interviewed on the spot and was so nervous and had a few too drink so barely remember what I said

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
You're in a mess of trouble.
You need a lawyer.
You can't handle this yourself.

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Agreed - you definately need a laywer because the drugs are not the only issue here. If your employer is the NSW government, then they can take disciplinary action against you for misconduct if you are convicted of any serious offence that carries a maximum penalty of 12 months or more of imprisonment. That action can be anything from a caution to termination of employment.
(See s69 of the NSW Government Sector Employment Act 2013)

I don't know about the Commonwealth public sector, but I assume that they would have something similar.

One thing you need to look into straight away, is whether or not you are required to disclose charges and/or convictions as a condition of your employment.

Last edited:
9 January 2020
I am not judging, but why would you want drugs for up coming festivals???? can't you have just fun without this assistance? I really someone can explain the need for drugs, isn't couple of beers would put you in a happy mode? I have couple of beers and I'm happy as ever and loosened up.
I never tried drugs nor will I ever.
Anyway, your choice to buy and now you will pay for it. Not worth the hassle, right?
Good luck.

You *are* judging him, check the definition out sometime. Anyways your post is really irrevelant and rude to the OP for no reason and sounds like something a 12 year old with not much knowledge and lack of life experience would write.

You do know "beers" are a drug? They feel the OPPOSITE to MDMA.

Alcohol is a dirty feeling toxic drug that makes you intoxicated and dizzy, decreases your energy
and in an obnoxious way makes you more confident.

MDMA is a clean feeling, relatively non-toxic drug that raises your awareness, allows therapeutic introspection, builds relationships and puts you in a happy state of mind and more confident in an empathetic way.

You can't compare them.

You do take drugs, you're a hypocrite. Alcohol is a very toxic drug. MDMA isn't the safest drug ever but your stupid statement saying "I don't take drugs and never will" just makes you come across as a closed minded douche.

Do your research, you've been lied to all your life, make up your own mind, don't be so closed minded and see that there are reasons why people do some things. Some illicit drugs are beneficial to the average person, like mdma or LSD once in a while.

MDMA is MUCH more suited for a trippy festival or even most festivals, some festivals make music and shows FOR people rolling on MDMA and it's impossible to truly appreciate that type of show sober or on anything but MDMA or a psychedelic.

You're comparing a bulldozer (alcohol) to a satellite (mdma). The satellite isn't bad. The bulldozer isn't even bad unless you use it for bulldozing (destruction haha).

It isn't like this guy was doing anything harmful, you're being a closed minded dick for no reason.

Why can't you see that the law is EVIL with things such as the topic of this post? Drug prohibition is mostly about taxes and relying on old propaganda when there is newer confirmed studies out there.

Some drugs are worse than others.
Alcohol and meth are more harmful and addictive than MDMA and LSD for example. MDMA has a bad reputation because it's the most commonly cut drug.

Anyway I could explain for days on why your whole post sounds absolutely stupid, like a 12 year old who is defending something he knows little about and attacking something he knows nothing about.

It pisses me off how many closed minded people there are in Australia who take Chinese whispers as fact. Dim witted idiots living in fairy land...

Adam1user

5 January 2018
You *are* judging him, check the definition out sometime. Anyways your post is really irrevelant and rude to the OP for no reason and sounds like something a 12 year old with not much knowledge and lack of life experience would write.

You do know "beers" are a drug? They feel the OPPOSITE to MDMA.

Alcohol is a dirty feeling toxic drug that makes you intoxicated and dizzy, decreases your energy
and in an obnoxious way makes you more confident.

MDMA is a clean feeling, relatively non-toxic drug that raises your awareness, allows therapeutic introspection, builds relationships and puts you in a happy state of mind and more confident in an empathetic way.

You can't compare them.

You do take drugs, you're a hypocrite. Alcohol is a very toxic drug. MDMA isn't the safest drug ever but your stupid statement saying "I don't take drugs and never will" just makes you come across as a closed minded douche.

Do your research, you've been lied to all your life, make up your own mind, don't be so closed minded and see that there are reasons why people do some things. Some illicit drugs are beneficial to the average person, like mdma or LSD once in a while.

MDMA is MUCH more suited for a trippy festival or even most festivals, some festivals make music and shows FOR people rolling on MDMA and it's impossible to truly appreciate that type of show sober or on anything but MDMA or a psychedelic.

You're comparing a bulldozer (alcohol) to a satellite (mdma). The satellite isn't bad. The bulldozer isn't even bad unless you use it for bulldozing (destruction haha).

It isn't like this guy was doing anything harmful, you're being a closed minded dick for no reason.

Why can't you see that the law is EVIL with things such as the topic of this post? Drug prohibition is mostly about taxes and relying on old propaganda when there is newer confirmed studies out there.

Some drugs are worse than others.
Alcohol and meth are more harmful and addictive than MDMA and LSD for example. MDMA has a bad reputation because it's the most commonly cut drug.

Anyway I could explain for days on why your whole post sounds absolutely stupid, like a 12 year old who is defending something he knows little about and attacking something he knows nothing about.

It pisses me off how many closed minded people there are in Australia who take Chinese whispers as fact. Dim witted idiots living in fairy land...

WOW,,, long post and it is you who is closed minded. I wrote asking why would someone would want drugs for the festival? I never tried drugs at all (only prescribed by a doctor) and I only drink few beers, I don' t drink more than 3 at a time and the period between them is at least a month or more. I am a very social (light) drinker. You judged me (calling me an alcoholic). As stated to the poster I did not judge him for taking the drugs, I only asked why anyone would enjoy it? as I want to know why people do it. I did not try drugs and trying to find out why. I answered his question that the OP is in trouble, furthermore, I wished good luck! So you are the one who is closed minded and judging others without knowing the facts. I agree with you that Alcohol is a drug and people are addicted to it, which is a problem and you can see the results (reading and watching the news) but someone who drinks few drinks (certain one: beer, wine or whiskey) from time to time, will be healthy and recommended by doctors too. So open your mind and don't be a closed minded person.
Also, I am able to stay without a drink for a long time without feeling frustrated or complain. Actually, I can live without drinking alcohol. If MDMA is as you described, why it is illegal? and why alcohol is legal and sold in many shops. There is something wrong in your explanation. Please open you mind and get a brain, you need one! Do not judges others for asking questions.