NSW Got a Financial and Property Settlement Agreement - What Next?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Clancy

6 April 2016
what is the asset pool? married or defacto? kids? no kids? kids? how old?
Yes - if you go see a solicitor they will fill in all the court forms and write up the consent orders for the agreement for you to sign and submit to the court.. But it will cost a few grand.

There is one child, 6yo, live with the mum in nannas house, debts of $400,000, house value $600,000, i live in the house, her wage was a bit higher than mine by about 10 grand a year during the marriage, married 6 years, i sold a property i owned before the marriage and put $100,000 into the current mortgage. She contributed a 10 grand personal debt which we paid out into the mortgage with one of many refinancings.

I am offering $90,000.00 payout to her plus cleared her of all her share of the debts. For some time she did not accept, but recently decided to accept.

when i strictly add who contributed what, minus debts, her payout is zero. But i am aware of how money can do very magical and mysterious things in court, so i can live with $90,000.00 payout.