QLD Ex Refuses Mediation for Property Settlement - What Next?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

running

13 March 2016
Cockatoo, have you applied for legal aid? If you can't access legal aid, try booking some free legal sessions with agencies such as your state's women's legal service or community organisations. Also, legal aid will give you a 30 minute free lawyers phone session, even if you don't qualify.

After 25 years they probably won't be as concerned with the initial contribution. Your contribution as a stay at home mother will be considered a contribution. He doesn't get to keep everything. I would also request disclosure as to his superannuation, as I would think it far outweighs the equity in the house.
I am also dealing with a narcissist. I also left with the kids due to ongoing abuse. He had me in court within 6 weeks (lodged in 2 weeks). They are greedy and sadistic.

Reactions: Cockatoo

SamanthaJay

4 July 2016
I agree with running about the super. My ex (self employed) has only paid $100 per month into super for about the past 27 years and it's balance is close to $60,000. You don't want to lose out on his super . It could be substantial.

Reactions: Cockatoo