VIC Girls sharing a room with step brother

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Liv4thekids

12 January 2019
Hi
I have 2 girls aged 8 & 10, when they go to their dads he makes one of them share a room with a 12 year old boy. I feel this is inappropriate (there are reasons, but I don’t wish to share). I’d rather keep this out of the courts, for obvious reasons. But how can I approach him on this, without him thinking I am accusing the boy of anything (which I’m not!). But that is how he will spin it.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Look if you're not accusing the kid of anything and you've said you're not... Well what is the problem?

So you have issues with it. Well with respect if you're not prepared to share then it is hard to give advice, but since you've said you're not accussing the kid of anything then really what is the problem?

What happens if this goes to court? nothing. You stop the kids seeing dad because of this one and you will look like the problem. You apply to court for the courts to order dad to change the arrangements and you will not succeed.

One more thing... How long since separation? how long has this been going on? and what sort of access does dad have?

You don't have to like my advice, you're welcome to hate it. But it is well intentioned in writing it. With that said, from here it looks a bit like you're looking for problems when problems dont exist.