QLD Getting copies of correspondence from body Corporate

Discussion in 'Property Law Forum' started by Molly rose, 10 December 2019.

1. Molly rose

Molly rose Member

I am the tenant and I was issued a breach notice on my tenancy at the request of the body Corporate as they had received 3 complaints from other tenants, I suffer from quite severe mental illness and keep to myself I rarely leave my house and the complaints were after about a week and. Half withdrawn due to reasons I still don’t know. But what I do know is that the body Corporate Will not allow me to have copies of these 3 letters as they contain defamatory remarks and under the QLD body Corporate Law for this reason they do not have to release the letters. I believe I have a strong case for a defamation suit and or discrimination case is there a legal way in which to force the release of these letters.

2. Rob Legat - SBPL

LawTap Verified

The only way I could think of, off the top of my head, would be to take legal proceedings and then subpoena the correspondence from the body corporate.

I also can't think of what provision under the body corporate legislation allows them to not disclose the correspondence. That might be an 'excuse' for them that's misleading.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...