QLD Getting copies of correspondence from body Corporate

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Molly rose

10 December 2019
Bundaberg
I am the tenant and I was issued a breach notice on my tenancy at the request of the body Corporate as they had received 3 complaints from other tenants, I suffer from quite severe mental illness and keep to myself I rarely leave my house and the complaints were after about a week and. Half withdrawn due to reasons I still don’t know. But what I do know is that the body Corporate Will not allow me to have copies of these 3 letters as they contain defamatory remarks and under the QLD body Corporate Law for this reason they do not have to release the letters. I believe I have a strong case for a defamation suit and or discrimination case is there a legal way in which to force the release of these letters.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
The only way I could think of, off the top of my head, would be to take legal proceedings and then subpoena the correspondence from the body corporate.

I also can't think of what provision under the body corporate legislation allows them to not disclose the correspondence. That might be an 'excuse' for them that's misleading.