WA Is Australian Divorce valid in India?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Nani

18 June 2018
Hi There,
Long story Short.
Got married in India and marriage was registered in India.
We got divorced Australia and it was not mutual. I have applied Solo application and my ex wife was in Auatralia at that time.
My lawyer served her notices through her Email ID and to her parents in India as a registered post as I am not sure about her address in Australia. After serving the divorce notices she came and met me and said she is not going to sign the papers . And we got the confirmation that back in India also her parents received the divorce .
Neither my ex wife nor her parents did nothing about Notices and they just didn't respond .
On the court hearing judge approved my application based on the circumstances and got my divorce .

I have done my research and found out that if its mutual then only it is valid in India . Also found some info saying when the both the parties are in Australia during the court proceedings then it is valid in India .

Now my question is does this Divorce valid in India ?? Can I get married in India again ??

By the way I am Australian Citizen and my ex wife is Asutralian Permanent Resident