QLD Father of Child's Bully Committed Assault - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
21 July 2016
My 10-year-old son was verbally and physically assaulted by a parent on school grounds outside his classroom door. The man who assaulted him is allowed to continue to be on school grounds but must be no closer than 50 meters to my son's classroom.

Being in Qld, there is nothing I can have put in place such as an AVO or protection order as this man is not an ex partner or relative. He is, in fact, the father of my child's bully. I was flatly refused when I requested to change classes and told this was based on it having not worked in the past with other students. I have been told by police that it will be at least a week wait time for the Child Protection Unit detectives to contact me to be able to have this man charged.

I have witnesses who are wanting to give their statements. How can it be that a 40-odd-year-old man verbally and physically assault a ten-year-old child and still be free to be on school grounds and free in general?

Every door I knock on for help is a dead end. Is there anything that I can do right now? I refuse to send my child back to the school until I feel it is safe to do so.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Reactions: Concerned Parent2