SA Family Law Interpretation - When Easter is in School Holidays?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Put 10 lawyers in a room, ask them each the same question, and you'll get 11 different answers.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Yep... Orders need to be precise and fool proof. Easter holidays implies the holidays at the end of term 1. But sometimes easter happens outside the holidays. What if the orders say half school holidays and don't say when holidays start.... Do holidays start on the last day of school ? the Saturday (if school ended on Friday) OR the Monday after school broke up... When do holidays end? Friday before school goes back (assuming school goes back on a Monday) OR Sunday before school goes back.
The trick to good orders is making sure everything is so clearly defined not even a fool could get confused.
CRAZY - but my order said I have the kids at such and such times or by agreement.... SHE decided to interpret the last bit as meaning she could change her mind and decide she no longer agreed with me having any time with the kids. MADNESS