Does "holidays" mean the statutory holidays or from when a particular school says it breaks up?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Parent

1 February 2018
Orders say: For the first half of school holidays including Christmas Day in even numbered years and the second half in odd numbered years

sammy01

27 September 2015
ok so the problem is the orders are vague. This crap appears on here this time every year. Here is a similar thread with similar answers
QLD - URGENT!!!! Father interpreting school holidays HIS WAY!!!!!

My first orders just said half school holidays. Nothing specific. My ex loved to play games. As a teacher, she insisted the student free days were part of the holidays, basically meaning I had to go to work and not spend time with the kids. OR if it was her year then they were NOT holidays so didn't count towards her holiday time... Every holidays she would interpret it differently just to screw me over....

I'm in NSW... My new orders specify the nsw dept of education website so I don't have this argument every bloody time. (kinda)

It states that school breaks up on Friday - the holidays start on Monday. Have a look
Calendars | Going to a public school
So it says the term ends on Friday. But it also says the holidays start on Monday...
So even with the website there is room for argument.

If you're the primary carer, my suggestion is, HO HO HO... Yep, Christmas. Give a little... Let the other parent have an extra night or two. It wont kill ya. And to all a good night...

If your not the primary carer. my suggestion? karma... Be calm. Don't let the ex see this crap getting to you. It aint worth taking back to court and if the ex is gonna play nasty games like this the best you can do is learn to meditate... Stay calm and be the better person.

If you're in a 50/50 shared care arrangement - suck it up... Next year it will all be reversed and the alternating years mean you'll win the time back next year.