QLD Family Law Act question

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

LouiseThomas

21 March 2018
Lennon - I was wanting clarification of orders. Couldn't understand why they were stamped through court if unenforceable but it's been explained.

Cairnsdad

10 January 2016
Hi Louise,

Someone from your end must have initially asked for that condition to be added to the consent orders as it wouldn't be automatically added so if it doesn't bother you then simply remove it the next time the orders are updated.
Just so you know as well, the Judge in my case actually used the silly conditions my ex put into our initial consent orders against her down the track as evidence of her not wanting to co parent for the sake of our sons. Mine was quite a bit crazier than normal mind you because she wanted a 'no McDonalds' 'no Minecraft etc' and even wanted to stipulate what should be excluded from their school lunch boxes.
My lawyer laughed, advised me to sign it saying it would never be enforceable and said the more the ex pushes for the information the more it makes her look unreasonable and he was spot on so that might explain why your ex's lawyer allowed it be there as well hoping you would make a big deal of it.

Best of luck