QLD Family Dispute Resolution

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mexity

1 January 2018
If both parents agree to make it legally binding - that is called consent orders. Easy enough to do, if the ex agrees. Often the primary carer wont agree. Lets face it, at present she gets to decide when he sees the kid.. That is a lot of power... Why relinquish that if you don't have to?? Just to be nice? because it is the right thing to do....

let us know how your partner goes... PLS make sure he doesn't argue with her... he will wind up in court with an avo on him in no time

I have told him to remember to keep his cool. He is on that much of high of happiness right now coz he will get to see his kids whilst they chat
I will let you know the outcome!

Mexity

1 January 2018
We have an outcome!

Every Wednesday afternoon he goes to the ex's house & helps the kids with their homework...

sammy01

27 September 2015
Look it is a good idea to keep the peace. I reckon he should do the Wednesdays - but he should expect overnight care within a month or two and he should be having the kids without having to have mum watching his every move. But it is a start

Mexity

1 January 2018
This sounds like a cop out by the centre. Who sent the letters, were they sent by registered mail, process server? Who made the calls?

If the attempt was made then they MUST issue the certificate.

FDR said the mail was sent via registered post & hasn't been collected.
She said she hasn't received any calls, but also stated she doesn't answer private phone numbers.

Mexity

1 January 2018
12+ months and UPDATE.
So, we are back at the beginning of the mediation process.

This time, I am doing my homework!

sammy01

27 September 2015
ok so what else has been going on? has he been seeing the kids? overnight? or just Wednesdays at her house?