Legal Aid WA - Dispute Resolution Panel Members

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Patience

17 June 2017
Hi all,

I’m going to give FDR with Legal aid WA a try - they’ve given me a list of lawyers I can use here:

Dispute Resolution Panel members | Legal Aid WA

I’m about 1 year into family court proceedings and am wanting to progress care arrangements for 2 year old son as the current arrangement isn’t enough (to cut a long story short)

Any help much appreciated.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Ok so what are you wanting to know?
Do you have legal aid funding you?

Have you applied to court already?

Look, there are some nice folk here that can give you opinions and advice... But you need to give us a bit more detail. What exactly do you want to know?
So 2 yr old son? how much time do you have right now? how much do you think is appropriate? What are the obstacles? mum? I'm guessing? But what are her objections?

Look, with a 2 yr old, you might be better waiting a year or so... I know, I know. But the older the child the more likely the magistrate would be to agree to 4,5 maybe even 6 or 7 nights a fortnight.... But at 2 - not so much. You can ask for incremental increases over the next year or two, but no certianty of success on that one.

Patience

17 June 2017
Hey sorry guess I didn’t clarify my post too well..

I’m looking fr recommendations of lawyers to use for FDR from this list of names:

Dispute Resolution Panel members | Legal Aid WA

Have been in court the past year. Have unsupervised time for 8 hours per week over 2 x days since last year. Family consultants twice have recommended time progress, however, mother just opposing it and giving very frivolous and trivial reasons for doing so.

Legal aid will fund the FDR with contribution from me.

If anyone can recommend a decent lawyer in WA that would be great.