QLD What is the Normal Timeframe of Family Dispute Resolution?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

MartyK

4 June 2016
I agree @Rod it can be devastating for a parent when research is - any of - misused, misquoted or sabotaged only to suit an agenda - I will agree to disagree with respect to our different opinions of the validity of McIntoshes work. Another widely discredited is that of Gardner’s Alienation Syndrome - still cited by some academics and fathers rights groups - cautioned not be mentioned aloud in family law - but remains a catalyst of counter arguments at the detriment of good protective parents.

I will not get into the breastfeeding argument today.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
re: Gardner’s Alienation Syndrome.

Agree, though I note this syndrome should not be confused with parental alienation which is a valid concern/condition for fathers.

MartyK

4 June 2016
...parental alienation which is a valid concern/condition...

Negative Alignments can affect mother’s and father’s alike. Parental alienation is a term that is easily overused and incorrectly applied by disgruntled parents when children do not want to see them due to their own non child focussed behaviours. Most research is from US - would be interested in reading some well esteemed Australian research - research accepted by the Australian Family Courts - if you have any?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Sorry no. Just lost access to all my legal databases :(