- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

QLD Family Court Orders for Property Division - Hiding Superannuation?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Kscib, 23 February 2015.

  1. Kscib

    Kscib Active Member

    6 December 2014
    Likes Received:
    Help please! Am currently in the last stages of property division. Family court Judge ordered me and ex-husband to go to mediation and disclosure of his superannuation within 21 days. Today I have received an email stating he is getting a 'company' to help him and it will take 28 days.

    I've heard of instances where one party rolls over superannuation and discloses statement balances of the pre-rolled balance and a statement showing a nil balance on another fund (after rollover) thus reducing the amount of held Super. Of course, 28 days would be ample time for my ex to carried out this scheme.

    I have searched and searched and I cant find anyone to help me locate his superannuation. Of course, he can do it through the My.Gov access or call the ATO but I can't as its not my Super. I have no idea of the funds either as he has held possibly nine or so jobs in our 20 year marriage and I didn't take note of the super fund details to organise the Form 6's myself. I am self-acting.
  2. Sarah J

    Sarah J Well-Known Member

    16 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    Hi Kscib,

    If there is evidence to support your suspicion that your ex is trying to, or will be trying to, hide his superannuation, you can either
    • Get him to give an undertaking (like a promise) to the court that he will not deal with his super fund in the meantime
    • Apply to the court for an interim injunction to prevent him from dealing with his super fund

Share This Page