VIC Excessive speed suspension (28 days) can I start now?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

James412

26 December 2019
hi there,

I was caught speeding doing 112 in an 80 zone on Christmas Day... No excuse, I was acelaerting up a hill in my wife's new car (it gets up tot speed fast) and just as I took my foot off the accelerator a mobile highway patrol came past. He took off 2km for error. (Seems it should be 3 for mobile) and I've received a 3 month suspension which starts in 28 days. I'm on leave for the next three weeks and want to start the suspension straight away. Is this possible? Talk to vic roads?

Also few days errors on the ticket one at the top check box he didn't tick 'excessive speed' but traffic and also the incorrect alleged speed should be 109km which saves me approx $100. From reading on hear, doubt I would win in court but is there a chance it could be entered into the system incorrectly and not result in suspension? Appreciate your comments.

sammy01

27 September 2015
chance of it being incorrectly entered resulting in no fine - sure a chance - but I'd be looking into buying a bike if that is what you're relying upon to keep your licence.

Starting the fine straight away? nope. To do that would require some pen pusher to push their pen - Sounds like hard work for them pen pushers.. On a happier note - with three weeks off work you'll have plenty of time to get some practice riding that bike before you officially can't drive.... Oh and it is summer - Victoria is not a nice place to be riding a bike in June, July and August... True.