VIC Traffic Infringement Withdrawn and nothing more

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

OldPominOz

29 January 2020
I received a Traffic Infringement Notice as was stopped for not slowing down whilst coming off one freeway and joining another. The Limit reduced to 80 and I continued at the speed which was clocked at 108kmh, it was over the Xmas period, roads were empty and there was no other vehicles around at the time.

I was advised that I would not received any demerit points, but I would get a 3 month suspension and $454 fine as I was in excess of 25kmh over the limit. 12 days later I receive in the post a Notice of Withdrawal of my Traffic Infringement, and it states not to pay or contest the Infringement as the Notice is invalid due to incorrect details. It goes on to say the traffic officer who stopped me has been instructed to re-issue the infringement Notice.

It is now over 3 weeks since the Notice of Withdrawal was issued, nothing has come in the mail, how long do they have to re-issue the Infringement. The suspension is going to cause considerable inconvenience, I live in a high-risk bushfire area, and it is now causing me considerable mental anguish checking the mail every day - will it be today, rinse and repeat. Obviously I do not want to make contact, 'own up' and remind them, but is there any statutory period they have in which a corrected Notice can still be re-issued ? Any feedback greatly appreciated.