NSW Exact Wording for Subpoena to Medicare?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth

Lennon

11 September 2014
You're not responding to what PP's have asked OP. What do you hope to prove by producing these videos to the court? That the children are at risk in your ex's care (in which case the court will want to know why you have allowed them to remain in her care)?

That you were callous enough to film your ex while she self-harmed in front of the children? Is that going to look good for you, do you think?

What orders are you seeking?

Two subpoenas for the same person can be submitted at the same time (but this would be unnecessary as the documents get sent to the court anyway, not to the party that issued the subpoena, so the court would just end up with two copies instead of one). I'm not sure what your theory is with the lawyers but it sounds like a typo, not a conspiracy.

Bill1979

6 April 2017
Ok, because the registry refused to file a second subpoena given that there was already one in progress, so Im not sure why they would refuse it for that reason if you are allowed multiple subpoenas. Ok so even though I have proof of violence i am unable to use it and the courts have to just take both our words that we are telling the truth even if one party is lying and the other is honest?

Bill1979

6 April 2017
I wasn't trying to be callous I have just heard of enough situations where innocent people have been accused, and without proof they dont seem to have a chance.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I have proof of violence

No, you have evidence, not proof. The judge decides who is more believable.

What do you want to achieve by showing the video's? Two lines of thought about the wrist slashing is why you didn't help rather than stand and film, why didn't you remove the kids from the situation. Better to have a transcript rather than video.

re: Family violence - it can be important - but only if relevant, and you will need to demonstrate why your kids will be at risk.

It is hard work, and it should be hard work to cut out one parent. You just have to play it smart and not do silly things like show videos that have the potential to show you in just as much bad light as the mother.

We have explained why videos can backfire but we haven't seen the videos and can't give an informed answer. You are the one that needs to decide keeping in mind both the content and risks.

Last edited: