QLD Ex Spreading Lies on Facebook - Defamation?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Madonna

27 July 2015
I discovered that my ex inboxed many people on Facebook asking them to block me. It was him stalking me and I had already blocked him on my phone, Facebook and email. He did this when I threatened to find his current girlfriend and tell her he was constantly contacting me. I've found what he did humiliating and I'm trying to source a copy of the inbox he sent to everyone.

Is this defamation of character?

S

Sophea

Hi Madonna,

What are the lies he has been spreading about you? In order to establish defamation you need some defamatory comment that is published to others, not just a request that they block you.

28 August 2015
I discovered that my ex inboxed many people on Facebook asking them to block me. It was him stalking me and I had already blocked him on my phone, Facebook and email. He did this when I threatened to find his current girlfriend and tell her he was constantly contacting me. I've found what he did humiliating and I'm trying to source a copy of the inbox he sent to everyone.

Is this defamation of character?
Hi i am new to this forum not sure where to go but i have to find out something on writing defamation or such i have to find out today , i dont think i have a problem, but i need to know !