Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

QLD Ex Spreading Lies on Facebook - Defamation?

Discussion in 'Defamation Law Forum' started by Madonna, 27 July 2015.

1. Madonna

Madonna Member

I discovered that my ex inboxed many people on Facebook asking them to block me. It was him stalking me and I had already blocked him on my phone, Facebook and email. He did this when I threatened to find his current girlfriend and tell her he was constantly contacting me. I've found what he did humiliating and I'm trying to source a copy of the inbox he sent to everyone.

Is this defamation of character?

2. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

Hi Madonna,

What are the lies he has been spreading about you? In order to establish defamation you need some defamatory comment that is published to others, not just a request that they block you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. John R

John R Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. stephen savell

Hi i am new to this forum not sure where to go but i have to find out something on writing defamation or such i have to find out today , i dont think i have a problem, but i need to know !

5. stephen savell

can somebody help me please

Timnuts likes this.
  6. AnnaLJ

AnnaLJ Well-Known Member

Hi Stephen

Sorry, what is your specific question?