VIC Driving whilst disqualified in my driveway...

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Racd

25 June 2019
Hi,
So 2 weeks ago at 3 a.m i was getting a bag out of my sons car in my driveway when 2 police officers show up with lights on, they jump out walk onto my front yard and say random breathe test (car was not on) i obliged as i wasnt sure of my rights and was in shock. they asked whose car? i said my sons, he said do u have a license i said yes but its prob inside, i went to walk to my front door and the officer jumped in front with his ipad, i said what are u doing? he said taking your photo, i said f**k off, i turned towards the car and i said ok ill try find it,id said id only been to apco to get cat food as i was holding a bag, i found it and he read me the american miranda rights, then he called up my license and found im disqualified from driving and then took photos of the car, id said id even let my cars rego expire so i wouldnt drive disqualified, after doing paper work he said youll get a summons to attend court for diving and did u think of the consequences of driving to apco tonight??? i didnt answer cos i was in shock, he said obviously not then, and off they went. How can police tell u american miranda rights and not tell you the reason of why there saying it? Also, if i had of known i could have a family member or friend with me i would have got someone there. Does this sound normal? if i do get a summons whats my chance of beating it as it was 2 police against just me .

sammy01

27 September 2015
I'd contact the cops and ask if they have any paperwork. This all sounds dodgy to me.