QLD URGENT!!!! Father interpreting school holidays HIS WAY!!!!!

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

JenS

9 November 2016
URGENT. Father due to take daughter today at 3pm. He is getting the first 3 weeks of school holidays and I'm getting the remaining 3 weeks. Equates to 22 days for him and 23 days and a night for me. I've put on calendar for him and he is now telling me that the Christmas day and boxing day I get with our daughter are counted as MY days???? Not his???? Is that correct? HIS holidays start 14th Dec at 3pm to 5th jan with me getting 2pm Christmas day to 5pm boxing day. My holidays are from 5th jan to 29th at 9am. Someone please help!!!!!

JenS

9 November 2016
I just want to know if I get an extra day and a half for the Christmas- taking my days to 25 and him 22 or they are his days and I get 23.5 and him 22

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Is this a serious question? Asuming it is, "2pm Christmas day to 5pm boxing day" is a little over one day and according to your own words, it is obviously time spent with you, not him.

Also, please don't mark trivial matters like this as "URGENT!!!!". Many other people have much more urgent matters to deal with than nonsense like this.

JenS

9 November 2016
You don't have to be RUDE. You don't know the background to all this! I've had to file a recovery order when he took a newborn breastfed baby from me, he's threatened if I don't do as he wants (his version of the court order) he will TAKE HER AGAIN.
SO I JUST WANTED SOME CLARIFICATION!
I've gone above and beyond for this man, every holidays I've even given him extra time, hundreds of hours over 6 years, now he's getting nasty. I want to do the right thing! So I wanted clarification!!!! And it is urgent if she's being taken TODAY and he's threatening to not being her back!!!! Smfh
Is this a serious question? Asuming it is, "2pm Christmas day to 5pm boxing day" is a little over one day and according to your own words, it is obviously time spent with you, not him.

Also, please don't mark trivial matters like this as "URGENT!!!!". Many other people have much more urgent matters to deal with than nonsense like this.

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
I'm sorry you think I was rude. Let me rephrase then:
...he is now telling me that the Christmas day and boxing day I get with our daughter are counted as MY days???? Not his???? Is that correct?
Yes. That is 100% correct.

sammy01

27 September 2015
can you write the court orders down word for work. The most accurate answer is going to be in the letter of the law. So that is the most accurate answer.

Now sorry for the assumption... But are you the primary carer? I'm gonna assume you are. That being the case no matter how you look at it based on your first post, you're getting more time than dad? true? or have I mis-understood? I'f i'm correct and you are the primary carer, and you do have a little bit more time then the most sensible answer is stress less. This aint worth the fight...

The most compassionate answer (since Christmas is coming)? Joy to the world and stress less. Seriously, stress less. How many hours are you talking about here?

But, if you want,write the court orders thta relate to the holidays down and some of us will give you an interpetation.

BTW - he wants it HIS WAY? you want it YOUR WAY? is one parent any better or worse here? It would seem you think he is worse because he wants it HIS WAY? It kinda looks like you think he is wrong simply because he has a different perspective to you? Doesn't mean he is wrong? just means he has a different perspective....

But again... The exact wording is in the court orders and if they are not specific enough then you need to find another approach... Which sends me back to the original suggestion... Assuming you're the primary carer... Realise you have more time than dad, so why not share some Christmas spirit and U'm well, as I've mentioned stress less