NSW DoCs

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

nikesha.2

27 February 2021
Hi My son has Been removed from my care on 18th of September 2020, DCJ (DoCs) reason for removal were serious concerns, of Mental Health, Domestic Violence, Drug & Alcohol use. I've been in court 5 times already. The Judge think he is in need and care and protection but it was only for short term interim court order.
My question is, do DCJ have the right to remove children with concerns with no evidence? I don't do drugs, I've done 10 urines for the CW. They only had information from people that used to know me. And use that information against. how can I get my son back quickly because this process is too long.
My lawyer just no help, I've had 4 solicitor already!!

familynfriends

15 April 2020
They must have something because I had similar reports FACS came to my house spoke to myself my children my parents and so on I was also accused of drugs did not test me asked my older children who were 19 and 14 at the time if they saw me under the influence of alcohol or drugs or had seen me take drugs which they had seen me have a few drinks but not all the time and not to the point where I was ridiculously drunk and I don't do drugs so no problem there look through my house and they did a few other checks childcare doctors my older girls school and everything came back good so that was the end of it wrote me a glowing report......
did they just turn up at your house or did they contact you before coming to see you?
what season did they give you for taking your child and how old is he?
how long is the judge suggesting he remain in care?