NSW Divorce with foreign spouse

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Roy Barnes

10 February 2020
Ms X is from China, here on a tourist visa (allowing multiple entries/exits of Australia) in order to be close to her daughter who is here as an international student.

In August 2018, Ms X married a man in Campsie NSW. They separated in December of the same year and she has no seen him since though believes he remains resident in NSW.

Ms X now wishes to divorce the man. As a Chinese National, how can she commence divorce proceedings given she is neither an Australian resident nor ordinarily resident in Australia?

Any advice given will be very greatly appreciated!