QLD Dates in court order

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Bigler129

30 September 2016
Hi Everyone,

I have court orders that have set out 10 visits in a contact centre and the two full days unsupervised after the contact visits are over. The problem is the contact centre couldn’t get us in on the dates in the court order and I now won’t be finalised with 10 visits before my two unsupervised ones are set. My Ex will not bring them on these set days because I have two contact visits to go. Is there a simple way of getting those dates changed to coincide with my 10 visits being completed ? Thanks in advance

PS no she won’t just agree to two different days. She doesn’t want me in their lives so it’s like pulling teeth.

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
If the dates are set in the court order then:
1. The contact centre is in breach of the order. They might think they have valid reasons for this but it's a breach all the same; and it clearly has serious impacts on other parties.
2. Only the court can change the dates. You can't do that yourself even if she did agree.

It looks to me that you'll need to go back to court asap, and if I were you, ask the court to replace the contact centre with someone who is more reliable. I would also ask for the contact centre be ordered to pay any additional costs that you have incurred.

Whoever the contact centre is, if they can't comply with court orders, then the court shouldn't be using them.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
she won’t just agree to two different days

Apply to court for a variation of the order.

Either seek alternative dates, or add a different contact centre, or 2, that has available dates. Don't drop the existing centre from the order in case they have cancellations.