VIC What Can I Expect at 11F Counselling and Mediation?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ThomasToo

15 May 2016
Hello, after two appearances at Federal Circuit Court, and "more or less" favourable supervised contact centre visit report, the ex and I have been ordered to have 11F Counselling and Mediation.

Update from previous post last year, the AVO protected person is only the ex, kids have been taken off, and I consented without admission. Family papers were served and contact visits ordered, these went extremely well, and now progressed to unsupervised visits.

We have a date, and will be back in court within a month after that for the setting of trial date, if things do not get agreed at that 11F meeting. What can I expect at the 11F ? Will the ex and I be in a room together to agree what arrangements will occur going forward? Will the kids be there, and we both get assessed for interaction?

Will consent orders be suggested and written up there for signing (I don't want to be pressured into this, without assistance from a lawyer of assistance from a non-emotional friend).

Any help appreciated as I do not want to be railroaded.