- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

VIC Custody of Children - Can Human Services Assist with Accommodations?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by MiizzCarmen, 29 July 2015.

  1. MiizzCarmen

    MiizzCarmen Well-Known Member

    24 September 2014
    Likes Received:
    Mother has been awarded full custody of children by DHS (the Department of Human Services). Currently the child is in foster care because they are trying to find a place for both mother and daughter to stay. DHS Have suggested to the mother to stay in a hotel or a caravan.

    My question is, if the mother agrees to staying in a hotel or a caravan would the mother have to pay for accommodation or can DHS assist with payment of accommodation?
  2. CathL

    CathL Well-Known Member

    19 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    This is something you need to double check with the Department of Human Services. Have they been able to assist?

Share This Page