NSW contravention of orders

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

gms

30 October 2020
contravention of orders only in place for 8 months mother not allowing contact.now since fathers day.. delay in access due to covid for three weeks then denied access due to changeover which became quite abusive to my son. awaiting legal aid to apply due to extensive legal costs. my son has complied with all orders despite her abuse and that of her family at changeovers for two weeks once he requested her to contribute with meet but no changeover in every instance.. she has moved despite advice of not agreeing so unknown address. no access despite ordets for three months now.. any advice

gms

30 October 2020
have applied for legal aid and in the midst of mediation that she initiated as orders dont suit her.. no contact as wont allow with usual delay tactics.. frequent facebook messages taunting as new partner as father. should we apply for contravention on our own now or wait for legal aid hrant approval or pay fees for service with lawyer in interim to get lodged. affadavit and content need support with

gms

30 October 2020
have applied for legal aid and in the midst of mediation that she initiated as orders dont suit her.. no contact as wont allow with usual delay tactics.. frequent facebook messages taunting as new partner as father. should we apply for contravention on our own now or wait for legal aid hrant approval or pay fees for service with lawyer in interim to get lodged. affadavit and content need support with
no access for over thtee months now despite orders she will not comply.. 2.4 year old

sammy01

27 September 2015
get the application in and self rep. There are plenty of good sites to help you do the paperwork

Rosscoe

21 October 2020
I think if you live inter-state then COVID generally speaking is a legitimate reason for no access. Are co-parents inter-state? I am not sure what you mean no access due to change over though? You have stated there are orders in place and the OP has moved without consent?

On that basis I would bring an application in court for a recovery order to return children to previous address and continue visitation as per parenting orders as a starting point. There are many resources on line to help with self representing in an application of this nature.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Covid is unlikely to be relevant.

Get into court asap. Self rep. Don't wait for legal aid or anything else. Do some googling on DIY self rep familly law
here is a good start

gms

30 October 2020
Covid is unlikely to be relevant.

Get into court asap. Self rep. Don't wait for legal aid or anything else. Do some googling on DIY self rep familly law
here is a good start
we already have final orders but she is choosing not to follow them

gms

30 October 2020
I think if you live inter-state then COVID generally speaking is a legitimate reason for no access. Are co-parents inter-state? I am not sure what you mean no access due to change over though? You have stated there are orders in place and the OP has moved without consent?

On that basis I would bring an application in court for a recovery order to return children to previous address and continue visitation as per parenting orders as a starting point. There are many resources on line to help with self representing in an application of this nature.
she said she has moved but dont know where

gms

30 October 2020
if she invites a visot for an hour in the park once a fortnight and he declines as that is not the orders is that lokely to be a problem in court

sammy01

27 September 2015
Not really gonna be a problem. It doesn't matter that much. BUT I would take the hour.

Are you prepared to take bets that she wont show? and frankly if you accept the hour you have a few things up your sleeve. Firstly, you can locate her to serve papers on her if need be and it also shows that you're being reasonable, even when she is not...